BCA BC Link Group Communications Two-Way Radio
$ 135.96 US
Model: | MSRP: $ 159.95 US
The BC Link? Two-Way Radio 1.0 in black will provide safer touring through real-time communication. Extra batteries sold separately. NOTE: Only approved for use in North America.Description:
The BC Link? Two-Way Radio 1.0 provides strong group communications, which is the key to any successful day of backcountry adventuring. Find separated friends, communicate plans, and share observations in real-time with the BC Link group communication system. Glove-friendly controls are optimized for easy handling. The Smart Mic user interface is located at your fingertips, meaning you never need to dig the radio out of your pack to change settings. The Smart Mic unit provides a push-to-talk button, on/off switch, volume control, battery indicator, loudspeaker, channel selection, and an earphone jack. Each radio base unit comes with a long-lasting rechargeable lithium-ion battery. BC Link two-way radios operate on 22 FRS channels + 121 sub-channels for minimal interference to deliver near-constant clarity when conveying critical information. BC Link radios integrate into all Float avalanche airbag packs and Stash backpacks. If you often spend an extended time in the backcountry, BCA recommends that you purchase an additional BC Link 1.0 battery, so you can have an extra if your battery power gets low and you do not have access to re-charge.
TO CHARGE THE BC LINK 1.0 BATTERY
The BC Link 1.0 comes with a micro-USB cable and 110V power charger adapter, which plugs into the lithium-ion battery in the base unit. You can charge the battery on the BC Link when detached or attached to the base unit. Just remove the base unit from the Smart Mic or the battery itself from the base unit and plug it in for charging. Note: The Smart Mic does not need to be attached to the base unit for charging, allowing users to keep their Smart Mic routed in their pack.
- FREQUENCY: 22 FRS channels + 121 sub-channels ensures minimal interference
- BASE UNIT DIMENSIONS: 2.5 x 2.0 x 6.0 (in); 6.0 x 5.0 x 15.0 (cm)
- SMART MIC DIMENSIONS: 3.3 x 1.0 x 1.8 (in); 8.0 x 4.0 x 4.5 (cm)
- BATTERY: Removeable, rechargeable 3.7 VDC lithium-ion battery
- BATTERY LIFE: Average battery life: 8 hours normal use; maximum battery life: up to 40 hours standby mode
- USEABLE RANGE: Approx 2.4 mi / 3.9 km line of sight, actual range dependent on topography
- MAXIMUM RANGE: Approx 32 mi / 51 km line of sight, actual range dependent on topography
- WEIGHT: 12.0 oz / 340 g
- HIGHLIGHTS: Optional channel preset selections. Compatible with standard FRS radios, and GMRS radios operating on shared FRS frequencies. Waterproof to IP56 standards. 110-Volt charger adapter connects to mini USB port on base unit.