509 Altitude Carbon Fiber Orange Snowmobile Helmet
- Size Chart
- Manufacturer SKUs
509 Altitude Carbon Fiber Orange Snowmobile Helmet
The full Carbon Fiber Altitude helmet - the same fit and function you've come to expect, now crafted from one of the strongest materials on the planet. Strength aside, the Carbon Fiber Altitude is noticeably lighter than its thermoplastic counterpart. If you are looking for the very best snowmobile helmet, look no further than the 509 Carbon Fiber Altitude helmet
- Crafted from one of the strongest materials on the planet-carbon fiber!
- Weighing in at just under 1,100 grams, the Carbon Fiber Shell offers maximum strength with minimal weight that is considerably lighter than traditional thermoplastic helmet shells.
- Meets or Exceeds DOT and ECE 2205 Certification Standards
- Revolutionary Neck Brace Ready Shell Profile
- Innovative Fidlock™ helmet strap buckle provides a one-of-a-kind technology combining the advantages of two fastening concepts in a new way, utilizing strong magnets for ease of a quick close, and secure snap functionality to ensure a continuously high locking force.
- 8 Adult sizes carefully designed across 3 outer shell molds to provide a precision fit while minimizing overall helmet circumference. Available: XS - 4XL
- 6 Integrated Vent Scoops / Overall 8 Intake/Exhaust Vent Ports for enhanced rider comfort and for those cold days, snap in the included cold weather breath box.
- Dual Density, Interlocking Eps
- Custom Fit Eps, Specially Designed For North America (Intermediate Oval Head Profile)
- New premium removable liner with an improved fit and enhanced moisture-wicking properties.
- Specially Designed Expanded Polyurethane Chin Insert
- Class Leading Eye Port Opening Dimensions Provides Optimum Peripheral Vision
- Designed for a "Perfect 509 Goggle Fit"
- One Piece Eye Port Trim
- Includes Cold Weather Breath Box
- Includes Camera Mount (compatible with GoPro & Reel Cameras)
509 CONTINUES TO LEAD THE INDUSTRY IN SNOWMOBILE HELMETS!
Last season the innovative 509 Altitude helmet took the snowmobile industry by storm. Described as a sleek yet aggressive helmet, it is packed with industry-leading features. Despite the rave reviews and success of this helmet, 509 went back to the drawing board and asked,"How can we improve?" The result….CARBON FIBER! You heard correctly. All-new for 2016 is the full Carbon Fiber Altitude helmet - the same fit and function you've come to expect, now crafted from one of the strongest materials on the planet. Strength aside, the Carbon Fiber Altitude is noticeably lighter than its thermoplastic counterpart. If you are looking for the very best snowmobile helmet, look no further than the All New 2016 509 Carbon Fiber Altitude helmet.
SAFETY STANDARDS - DOT & ECE 2205 CERTIFIED!
The 509 Altitude helmet meets or exceeds DOT & ECE 2205 safety certification standards. It features an innovative dual density, interlocking EPS foam liner that provides top crash protection in the event of an accident. The front chin area of the helmet is protected by a specially designed expanded polyurethane chin insert that provides front impact protection. The outer shell is made of specially designed carbon fiber for maximum shell strength with minimal weight.
In addition to its safety accolades, performance was a key focus during the development process. Innovative aerodynamic channels run across the entire contour of the helmet. These channels are integrated directly into shell and direct adequate air flow into the specially designed vent scoops. The 509 Altitude helmet features 6 integrated vent scoops that provide necessary ventilation to keep you comfortable when riding. Overall, the 509 Altitude Helmet features 8 intake/exhaust vent ports. And for those cold days, snap in the included cold weather breath box. The unique aerodynamic visor features a locking-top center mount that holds the visor in place and prevents unwanted visor movement.
A PERFECT RIDER FIT!
The 509 Altitude Helmet was designed with two key fit metrics in mind: Rider fit & Goggle fit. First, 509 created a custom interior EPS matched with a premium removable liner. The Carbon Fiber Altitude is available in 8 sizes from XS to 4XL (Thermoplastic Altitude available in 11 sizes from Youth small to Adult 4XL). These 8 sizes are carefully designed across 3 outer shell molds - 509's competitors only use 2. This provides a precision fit, while minimizing overall helmet circumference. The neck brace ready, contoured shell base provides a comfortable, yet snug feel when putting the helmet on. When the helmet is fully in place it provides an unmatched comfort fit that prevents unwanted helmet movement. The eyeport of the Altitude helmet was carefully crafted to fit our 509 Sinister X5 & Aviator goggles perfectly, further improving our world famous "509 helmet & goggle combo" fit. The 509 Altitude helmet & 509 Sinister & Aviator goggles are two products designed to fit and perform at the highest level when used in combination. And because fit is only as good as the overall weight, the 509 Carbon Fiber Altitude weighs in under 1100g while the Thermoplastic Altitude starts at a class leading 1260g.
GRAPHICS & DESIGN LIKE NO OTHER!
Finally, the always important STYLE FACTOR. 509 wanted this helmet to not only perform at the highest level, but to look good doing it. The shell features sleek, yet aggressive lines that provide an innovative and unmatched look. Everything - from the integrated front mouth vent, to the innovative ventilation channels, to the sweeping upward-kicked visor - provides a flowing and seamless transition.
CAMERA MOUNT INCLUDED:
Tired of losing your GoPro® Camera? Let's face it, adhesive mounts frequently fail while snowmobiling. Well that's a thing of the past. Each 509 Altitude Helmet includes an innovative rigid camera mount that attaches using the top center visor screw. This installs in seconds and eliminates poorly performing adhesive mounts. 100% Compatible with GoPro Hero® and Reel® Cameras. (other camera brands may require an additional adapter if available)